New Student Orientation ~ C.O.R.E.
(College Orientation and Registration Experience)
Who should attend? And what should I do first?
New Highline students with no prior college experience are required to attend a New Student Orientation UNLESS they are participating in one of the following programs, which each have a special orientation tailored specifically for them. Contact the appropriate department for details.
Before you attend orientation complete the following steps:
- Choose your area of interest. This is part of the application process.
- Apply for admission to Highline College.
- Investigate funding sources.
- Activate your myHCC account.
- Take any necessary tests or request evaluation of your transcripts from other schools you have attended.
- Sign-up for New Student Orientation.
- Choose your classes and register.
Attending the orientation has many benefits including:
- Information on a degree or program that best meets your career goal
- Opportunity to meet with other new and current students
NOTE: Students needing accomodations due to a disability should contact Access Services at 206-592-3857 (voice), 253-237-1106 (video phone), or firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to the Orientation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are planning to complete your online orientation at the Highline College Library, please be sure to BRING YOUR OWN HEADPHONES. The Library is unable to provide headphones for use. Thanks so much!