New Student Orientation ~ C.O.R.E.
(College Orientation and Registration Experience)
Who should attend?
All new Highline students with no prior college experience are required to attend a New Student Orientation. By attending the orientation, you will gain many benefits including:
- Information on the degree or program that best meets your career goals
- Interpretation of your Compass scores and/or unofficial evaluation of college classes you have completed
- Personal assistance selecting your classes
- Completion of your class registraton
- Faculty adviser assignment
- Financial aid workshop
- Opportunity to meet with other new and current students
To register for your on campus orientaton, you will need to
activate your "myHCC" email. To set up your
Highline email, go to
Completed the "myHCC" activation? Register for your orientation now.
NOTE: Students needing accomodations due to a disability should contact Access Services at 206-592-3857 (voice), 253-237-1106 (video phone), or email@example.com two weeks prior to the Orientation.
Students participating in any of the following programs must attend a special orientation tailored just for them. Contact the department for details.
Gateway to College
High School Completion
International Student Programs
We believe the on campus orientation is an excellent way to
begin your Highline education but if you are unable to attend,
an online orientation is available. To start the online
orientation you will first need to activate your "myHCC" email
Start online orientation now.